JIPMER Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for JIPMER
- The Applicant should be a Resident Indian National.
- The Applicant should have studied and completed their course in the schools located in India in the preceding two years.
- He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S., i.e. they should have been born on or before 01-01-1995, and is an INDIAN NATIONAL. Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants).
- The applicants should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below:
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and Mathematics or any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology at the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination. For candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes / OPH the marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination is 40%.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination will be 45% Annexure - I lists the examinations recognized by JIPMER.
- The Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination other than those mentioned in the list appended in Annexure – I, will have to submit an Eligibility Certificate before admission is finalized. Obtaining such an Eligibility Certificate from the JIPMER is essential to foreign nationals nominated by the Central Government for admission to JIPMER M.B.B.S. Course.
Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2011 and whose results have not yet been declared can also apply for admission, if the other eligibility criteria (i), (ii) and (iii) are fulfilled.
Please note that being called for the Entrance Examination does not necessarily mean the acceptance of eligibility for the candidates whose results of the qualifying examinations are yet to be declared.
Teachers Upload your Resume
Reproduction of articles, photo, viedos or any other content in whole in part in any form or medium without express written permission of entrancei.com prohibited, change to Reproduction of articles, photo, viedos or any other content in whole in part in any form or medium without express written permission of EDUWEB SOLUTION AND SYSTEMS prohibited.
WARNING:Copying information from This website without permission of EDUWEB SOLUTION AND SYSTEMS is Illegal.