MGIMS PMT Eligibility
Admission to the M.B.B.S. course of Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences is made according to the rules & regulations of The Kasturba Health Society (The Parent Body) And The Institute (MGIMS). These are subject to alterations, amendments and modifications as may be considered necessary from time to time as per directions from government of india, maharashtra government, supreme court, MCI and the competent authorities of K.H.S / MGIMS. Any issue not dealt in this prospectus will be dealt with, when arising, fully and finally by the competent authorities of MGIMS / KHS.
A candidate will be eligible for admission to First year M.B.B.S. course of MGIMS on fulfillment of following conditions:
- The candidate must be an Indian National.
The candidate is required to produce proof in support of his/her nationality from competent authority e.g. District Magistrate or Metropolitan Magistrate (format of Nationality certificate: Annexure:1) or a valid passport. Domicile plus birth certificate (Annexure : 2a & b) shall also be considered provisionally at the time of admission, however at a later date the candidate has to submit Nationality certificate or a Xerox copy of valid passport for enrollment in MUHS, Nashik.
- A candidate must attain 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission. The S.S.C. or equivalent examination certificate clearly endorsing the date of birth will only constitute valid proof of the date of birth of the candidate.
- The candidate should be medically fit to undergo the professional course. He/She will have to undergo a medical examination at Kasturba Hospital of MGIMS during the time of admission.
- The candidate must have passed 12th standard examination under 10+2 system of Maharashtra State Higher Secondary Education Board or an equivalent examination of any recognized Indian Board / University with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and all in one and same attempt.
- General category candidates must secure a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and he/she should have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English all in one & the same attempt.
- Constitutional reservation: Candidates belonging to Scheduled castes (SC), Scheduled tribes (ST) Vimukta Jati (V.J.), Nomadic Tribe (N.T.) and Other Backward Class (O.B.C), including Special Backward Class (SBC) should have obtained not less than 40% of total aggregate marks in Physics. Chemistry and Biology taken together in the qualifying Examination. He/she must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English all in one and the same attempt.
- No rounding off of the marks obtained by the candidate in qualifying examination will be done, for example, if the percentage of marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together comes to 49.99 the candidate will not qualify for admission. Similarly a candidate claiming admission under constitutional reservation category obtaining 39.99 percent in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together, will not be considered eligible for admission.
- The candidates who are appearing for qualifying examination i.e.12th standard or equivalent in March/ April 2013 are also eligible to appear for the Entrance Test. However he /she shall not be eligible for admission to the MBBS course, if he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks at the time of admission.
- It is the candidate’s responsibility to see that he/she possesses the required qualification for admission to M.B.B.S. course. In case any lacuna is found after admission and enrolment is denied by the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, to which the Institute is affiliated, the Institute shall not be responsible for any loss, direct or indirect to the student on this account.
Teachers Upload your Resume
Reproduction of articles, photo, viedos or any other content in whole in part in any form or medium without express written permission of entrancei.com prohibited, change to Reproduction of articles, photo, viedos or any other content in whole in part in any form or medium without express written permission of EDUWEB SOLUTION AND SYSTEMS prohibited.
WARNING:Copying information from This website without permission of EDUWEB SOLUTION AND SYSTEMS is Illegal.