NDA Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria For NDA
- XII Class / Equivalent passed certificate conducted by State Board / Universities. Candidate appearing for above examination can also apply.
- Only Unmarried Male Candidates are eligible for NDA Exam
- Age between 16 1/2 to 19 years
- Nationality - A candidate must be either:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, the East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam, with the intention of permanently setting in India)
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
NDA Physical Eligibility:
GUIDELINES FOR PHYSICAL STANDARDS FOR ADMISSION TO THE NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY:
- Candidates must be physically and mentally fit according to the prescribed physical standards. The guidelines for the same are given below.
- A number of qualified candidates are rejected subsequently on medical grounds.Candidates are therefore advised in their own interest to get themselves medically examined before submitting their applications to avoid disappointment at the final stage.
NDA Height and Weight Chart for Army and Air Force
|16-17 years||17-18 years||18-19 years|
NDA Height and Weight Chart for Indian Navy
|16 years||18 years||20 years|
Note for NDA & NA Physical Standards:
- A ± 10% (A ± 6 Kg for Navy) departure from the average weight given in the table 1 above is to be considered within normal limit. However, in individuals with heavy bones and broad build as well as individuals with thin build but otherwise healthy this may be relaxed to some extent on merit.
- Height relaxable upto 2.5 cm (5 cm. for Navy) may be allowed where the Medical Board certifies that the candidate is likely to grow and come up to the required standard on completion of his training.
Reproduction of articles, photo, viedos or any other content in whole in part in any form or medium without express written permission of entrancei.com prohibited, change to Reproduction of articles, photo, viedos or any other content in whole in part in any form or medium without express written permission of EDUWEB SOLUTION AND SYSTEMS prohibited.
WARNING:Copying information from This website without permission of EDUWEB SOLUTION AND SYSTEMS is Illegal.