Assertion Reason for solid state
1. Statement 1 : Crystalline solids are anisotropic.
Statement 2 : Crystalline solids are not as closely packed as amorphous solids.
2. Statement 1 : Space or crystal lattice differ in symmetry of the arrangement of points.
Statement 2 : nl = 2dsinq, is known as Bragg’s equation.
3. Statement 1 : In crystal lattice, the size of the cation is larger in a tetrahedral hole than in an octahedral hole.
Statement 2 : The cations occupy more space than atoms in crystal packing.
4. Statement 1 : In NaCl crystal each Na+ ion is touching 6Cl- ions but the Cl- ions do not touch each other.
Statement 2 : The radius ration rNa +/rCl- is greater than 0.414 required for exact fitting.
5. Statement 1 : In close packing of spheres, a tetrahedral void is surrounded by four spheres whereas an octahedral void is surrounded by six spheres.
Statement 2 : A tetrahedral void has a tetrahedral shape whereas an octahedral void has an octahedral shape.
6. Statement 1 : Solid NaCl does not conduct electricity at all.
Statement 2 : There are no defects/holes present in NaCl crystal.
7. Statement 1 : Ionic solids are characterized by high melting and boiling point.
Statement 2 : They are made up of cations and anions.
8. Statement 1 : Ionic solids are characterized by high melting and boiling point.
Statement 2 : Ionic solids have coulombic forces of attraction between their ions.
9. Statement 1 : Molecular solids are characterized by low melting point.
Statement 2 : Molecular solids are made up of covalent molecules.
10. Statement 1 : Amorpnous substances are isotropic.
Statement 2 : Properties like refractive index, electrical conductance have different values in different direction for isotropic substances.
Be First to comment.
Reproduction of articles, photo, viedos or any other content in whole in part in any form or medium without express written permission of entrancei.com prohibited, change to Reproduction of articles, photo, viedos or any other content in whole in part in any form or medium without express written permission of EDUWEB SOLUTION AND SYSTEMS prohibited,
WARNING:Copying information from This website without permission of EDUWEB SOLUTION AND SYSTEMS is Illegal.