Kerala CEE Eligibility
Only Indian citizens are eligible for admission to Professional courses unless otherwise notified. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) will also be treated at par with Indian citizens for the limited purpose of admission. However PIO/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
Candidates seeking admission to Professional courses will be categorised as Keralite, Non-Keralite (Category I) and Non-Keralite (Category II).
Keralite : A candidate of Kerala origin will be categorised as a ‘Keralite’. Children of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to Kerala cadre are deemed to be ‘Keralites’ as per G.O. (Rt) No. 822/08/H. Edn. dated 29/05/2008. But they will not be eligible for Communal/Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation.
Non-Keralite (Category I) [NK I] : A candidate who is not of ‘Kerala origin’ but who has undergone the qualifying course in Kerala, and who is the son/daughter of the following categories of Non-Keralite parents will be categorised as Non-Keralite (Category I) :
- Employees of the Government of India and Defence personnel, posted to Kerala.
- Employees, who are serving the Government of Kerala, subject to the condition that the employees have served in the State of Kerala or for the State of Kerala, for a minimum period of two years.
Non-Keralite (Category II) [NK II] : Candidates who do not come under ‘Keralite’ or 'Non-Keralite (Category I)' will be categorised as ‘Non-Keralite (Category II)'. Such candidates are not eligible for admission to the Engineering courses in Government/Aided/KAU Engineering colleges or to Medical/Agriculture & Allied courses in Government/Aided/KAU colleges. Such candidates are only eligible for admission to Engineering courses in Management quota seats in Govt. Controlled Self financing colleges and Government seats in Private Self financing Colleges, which will be notified separately.
- The following categories of candidates will not be governed by clauses (i), (ii) and (iii) above: Candidates to be admitted in respect of seats reserved for the nominees of Government of India, Government of Puducherry, Administration of Union Territory of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadeep Administration, Jammu & Kashmir, candidates selected through the All India Entrance Examination for MBBS/BDS courses and candidates sponsored under reciprocal quota by Govt. of Karnataka/Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates, who are children of employees of UNICEF and other Agencies of United Nations, and children of persons who are not domiciled in the State, but are permanently employed in any Government recognised institutions, are eligible for admission to the Degree Courses in Engineering. They will be treated as 'Non-Keralite (Category I)' candidates.
Medical and Agricultural Courses :
- (i) For admission to Medical Courses (MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BHMS): Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or examinations recognised equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Biology/Biotechnology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology put together, are eligible.
Only those candidates who secure 50% marks in the Medical Entrance Examination (Paper I and II taken together) will be considered for admission to MBBS /BDS Courses. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/SEBC will be considered for admission to these courses only if they have scored a minimum of 40% marks in the Medical Entrance Examination (Paper I and II taken together). Candidates with Locomotory disability of lower limbs between 40% to 70% will be considerd for admission to MBBS course only if they have scored a minimum of 45 % marks in the Medical Entrance Examination (Paper I and Paper II taken together).
(ii) For admission to Agricultural Courses [B.Sc.Hon(Agri), B.Sc.Hon(Forestry), BFSc]: Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or examinations recognised equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Biology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together, are eligible.
- For admission to BVSc. & AH Course, candidates should have secured not less than 50% aggregate marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology for the qualifying examination, in addition to the condition as stipulated in clause 6.2.1(a(ii)) as per regulation 5 of Minimum standards of Veterinary Education Degree Course (BVSc & AH) Regulation, 1993.
- Candidates who have passed the BSc Degree (Three year course) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, or Biotechnology as Main, and any one or two of the above subjects as Subsidiaries, with 50% marks for Main & Subsidiaries taken together, subject to the condition that they have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or examinations recognised as equivalent thereto with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects are eligible for admission to MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS & BSMS courses.
Reproduction of articles, photo, viedos or any other content in whole in part in any form or medium without express written permission of entrancei.com prohibited, change to Reproduction of articles, photo, viedos or any other content in whole in part in any form or medium without express written permission of EDUWEB SOLUTION AND SYSTEMS prohibited.
WARNING:Copying information from This website without permission of EDUWEB SOLUTION AND SYSTEMS is Illegal.