The LNM Institute of Information Technology
The Lakshmi & Usha Mittal Foundation is a charitable trust founded by the Steel Baron Mr. Lakshmi N. Mittal. It is engaged in various philanthropic activities for relief‚ rehabilitation‚ socio-economic development and education.
Foundation’s thrust in the area of education is distinct. It has set up LNM IIT at Jaipur in collaboration with the Government of Rajasthan. This institute with a large campus‚ infrastructure and distinguished faculty is aimed to be world–class institute of excellence. For women‚ “ Usha Mittal Institute of Technology ” is being set up in SNDT Women’s University‚ Mumbai by the foundation. It has contributed a handsome amount to the prestigious Indian School of Business at Hyderabad for development of business education.
Many charitable projects have been undertaken in Rajasthan where the founders of the trust have their roots‚ such as‚ supply of drinking water to famine affected villages‚ medicine‚ fodder for cattle‚ distribution of improved seeds, fertilizers to needy villagers‚ distribution of tricycles to handicapped children‚ providing school dress‚ fees‚ stationery and spectacles to poor school children‚ etc. Numbers of primary health centers have been opened in various villages where free medicine and treatment is provided besides undertaking programs on health education and family planning programs are being organized on a big scale and thousands of poor people have been benefited.
The foundation has helped build a new hospital in Kutch (Gujrat) after the devastating earthquake. It has also contributed large amount to the drought relief fund of the Chief Minister of Rajasthan. A big grant has been given by the Foundation for rehabilitation of people in the tsunami affected areas of south India.
The Foundation is envisaging several other projects, which will not only continue to help the poor but also enable them to earn their livelihood so that they can improve the quality of their lives and live with dignity. The primary objectives of establishing the LNM INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY JAIPUR (LNM IIT Jaipur) are:
- to create a platform, comparable to the best in the world, for dissemination, creation and application of knowledge in the broad area of Information Technology through teaching, research, and consultation;
- to become an effective catalyst for technological and societal development of the country through interaction with industry;
- to provide the highest level of education in information technology, both at the undergraduate and at the post-graduate level;
- to produce competent, creative and imaginative engineers, in areas related to information technology; who can make a significant contribution to the growing demands of industry, R & D organizations, and educational institutions;
- to provide a flexible, dynamic, modular, and mutually strengthening set of courses that allows a student to craft his/her own distinctive future;
- to promote the spirit of free and objective enquiry.
The graduates of the Undergraduate Programmes at the LNM IIT Jaipur are expected to:
- develop a deep understanding of the fundamentals of the chosen area;
- grasp the fundamental principles and apply the same in diverse situations;
- demonstrate an innovative ability to identify and face new problems;
- learn continually, be adaptable, and think across disciplines;
- collaborate with others to achieve the cherished goals;
- be open to arguments;
- be logical, fearless, and lucid in expressing their well thought out opinions;
- inculcate a relentless desire to pursue intellectual truth;
- seek and render help whenever required;
- be aware and sensitive to the needs and aspirations of others;
- acquire and demonstrate leadership qualities;
- develop a good moral character and be a responsible citizen of the country.
Teachers Upload your Resume
Reproduction of articles, photo, viedos or any other content in whole in part in any form or medium without express written permission of entrancei.com prohibited, change to Reproduction of articles, photo, viedos or any other content in whole in part in any form or medium without express written permission of EDUWEB SOLUTION AND SYSTEMS prohibited,
WARNING:Copying information from This website without permission of EDUWEB SOLUTION AND SYSTEMS is Illegal.